This was a random picture found in the media library that shows the musical group, Korn. This image was the impetus for what this page is going to be about and I needed to insert an image for practice purposes.
On that note, here are some interesting facts about corn.
- Corn is called maize by most countries, this comes from the Spanish word ‘maiz’.
- Corn is a cereal crop that is part of the grass family.
- An ear or cob of corn is actually part of the flower and an individual kernel is a seed.
- On average an ear of corn has 800 kernels in 16 rows.
- Corn will always have an even number of rows on each cob.
- A bushel is a unit of measure for volumes of dry commodities such as shelled corn kernels. 1 Bushel of corn is equal to 8 gallons.
- With the exception of Antarctica, corn is produced on every continent in the world.
- There are over 3,500 different uses for corn products.
And down here are some facts about Korn:
1. Bass player Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu’s mom used to babysit singer Jonathan Davis.
2. Korn once “auditioned” for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
3. Korn worked with the production team The Matrix — the pop producers behind famous songs by Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, and Britney Spears — on 2005’s See You on the Other Side.